Monday, September 7, 2009

My joke

Today I decided to go up at church and share my testimony to my new ward. I was more nervous about the joke I was going to open up with then anything else but I thought " oh well, if it bombs it bombs." So I noticed that no one was going up so I stood up and started walking over to the front just going over in my head the joke I was thinking of so I wouldn't bomb it. I began by introducing myself then said, " I was sitting there and felt prompted to stand up and share with you all...this multi level marketing business I'm doing.." I couldn't help but start laughing cause I thought it was funny but quickly realized the room was still super silent. LOL. Anyways, thats it. Bombing jokes in public can suck but at least you get a cool story to blog about.
-Tobal

5 comments:

  1. good for you cris! Im so glad you were able to finally tell your joke during testimony meeting! hahaha. I can't believe the room was silent. Were they all deaf mutes? Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you laughed at your own joke... you're a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. people came up afterwards and said they thought I was serious so they didn't know whether to laugh. I replied, " it's okay" then proceeded to kick them in their groin for making me look like a fool up there. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you'll have better luck Pops.

    ReplyDelete