Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Letter to the King of Pop


Dear Michael Jackson,
My name is Cris. I've been a fan of your music my whole life. I know your now dead but if by any chance they have the internet in heaven and you happen to stumble upon my awesome blog this letter is for you. Since I was young I always danced to your music from Billie Jean, The way you make me feel, to your later hits You Rock my world etc..... One day when I was 14 my best friends Jared, and Josh dressed up with black high waters with white socks, one white glove, and unbuttoned white shirts and went to a church dance. We didn't put the white gloves on at first cause we didnt want to spoil the surprise. We went up to the DJ and requested that he plays " Billie Jean." After a few songs passed by we went out to the hallway to get a drink. I remember gulping down some cold koolaid when I heard that famous bassline start playing. We all jumped up and yelled out " He's playing the song! he's playing the song!" We rushed in the side doors, ran to the very front of the dance floor and began to grab our crotch while thrusting our hips to the beat. All the other kids were gathered around cheering/ laughing as we began to spin on our heels and throw one arm up, pointing the sky, screaming.
Its now 2009 and I'm 26 years old and I still talk about that night with my buddies and how much fun we had. Thanks to you and your music I'm sure millions of people have had great memories in their life whether funny, sad, or happy while listening to your music. You seemed to have a great heart, and cared alot for the world. I'm sorry your childhood didn't really exist, and even your adulthood was filled with lies, broken friendships, tabloids etc....but now your at peace and just wanted you to know I appreciated everything you did.
love your fan,
Tobal

3 comments:

  1. that was a really sweet post... i can totally picture you and your friends doing that at a church dance... classic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! I completely agree with the end of your post! Your story was quite funny. Im sooo glad you have a blog! mine is heathercoslett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys. Hopefully he accepts the gospel on the other side.

    ReplyDelete