Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Science Fiction


How come there's no good sci - fi movies anymore? Yes, I am a nerd. haha. My dad was way into Science Fiction so it rubbed off on me. I grew up watching Star Trek every night, The Outer Limits, and movies like Star Wars, Buckaroo Bonzai, The Martian Chronicles, and now there's no good sci fi movies or shows on. It sucks.
Funny Story that just popped in my head. My dad had this newsletter he made monthly called " Osiris". He would go by the name "The Cosmic Ray" since his first name was Ray. I'm telling you all this so you can picture how big into space and aliens my pops was. Well he would also do meetings where people would gather at some diner and shared abduction stories, or show pictures of UFO's. So one day Me, my brother Ray, and my Dad went out to the country with a camera and a fake UFO we made from wrapping tin foil around a frisbee shaped metal tree stand we had from Christmas time and a taped gold marble at the bottom. We found a good location off the side of the road and my dad turned the camera on while my brother walked up the hill. After Ray got to the top my dad handed me this big blanket to catch the thing in while Ray threw the fake saucer high in the air while my Dad took pics of it. I'll have to find the copies of it and post it on here. Anyways, the pics came out good and the next meeting my dad had, Ray and I sat in the back and listened as my dad fed everyone this biggest B.S story about how 3 lights came towards him then flew off as he took this picture of the one of the saucers. Awww...good times.
-Tobal

2 comments:

  1. that is hilarious... i always wondered why ray loved star trek so much... now i know. :) btw, what did you think of the star trek movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! Even if your not a Star Trek fan I think its a good movie. When the first seen came up I actually got chills. haha

    ReplyDelete